Sunday, August 31, 2008

isn't it all worth it???

First a disclaimer- the thought is not entirely my own… but the moment I read this, it pulled some string somewhere and these words started flowing. As usual I am in no mood to rein them in, so writing this.

We often are afraid to fall in love, we think that these attachments bring with them a lot of sorrow, tears and heartache; at least I have always felt so. And so I believed, it is better to keep a safe distance from any emotion of this sort. But a simple book questioned this belief of mine. Won’t give the verbatim thing, but my version of the same (you might want to read the book yourself).

Suppose I meet a stranger. I like him and for once ask this over-protective brain of mine to shut up, and fall in love with him. He, a person with twinkling eyes which remind me of a starry night. We spend some wonderful time together, with me smiling every time I look into his eyes. And then one day, we have to part. It is tough, I feel devastated; I cry and feel that not letting me get into this would have been the wiser thing to do. And then I notice something. From then on, every night when the stars shine, to the whole world they are just the shiny objects in the sky. But for me they are the eyes which make my heart skip a beat. As time passes, the pain subsides and the stars remind me of the time when I thought I was the happiest person on earth. While to everyone else, they are insignificant objects far off in the sky; to me they bring a smile. Isn’t that something I should be thankful to the person about- for giving me a new reason to smile?

True, love does bring tears, but isn’t it all worth it???

Btw, the book is titled "The Little Prince"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good one...
must say, your writing style is interesting and appealing!
keep it up...

Anji said...

Good Piece of writing. Thats why they say "Dont cry because it's over, Smile because it happened".

death said...

depends Miss. On what kind of love you are granted. The pain is the easy part. Is where life's learning is hidden. Hard part is falling into love again and not knowing how badly you'd be bruised again. If you are destined something good, and have had a pattern of good things happening with you, chances of a happy n lasting love affair should be high. If you are the unlucky sort, stay away. If it had to pick you out and blow your brains off, it would. Some of them are truly regrettable. And there's no way to rewrite history. Just sticks in there like cobwebs of mistakes. Stay away. Is all i'd advise. Love yourself, love work. Rest is all dynamic and out of your control and never meant to satisfy what your soul really wants